“We’ve got multiple signals… uh, front and behind… reading’s off the chart!” – Hudson
Over the weekend I was tagged by both Deb and Jake in a wave of blogtag that’s been going around the web. Fun stuff! Write down five things about yourself that others probably don’t know, and pass it on. So, without further ado…
For Deborah Schultz, who tagged me first:
- I once crashed a car because I was listening to the soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and literally did “a jump to the left” while driving at about 30mph. This had the unfortunate side effect of moving my right foot from the brake to the clutch. Hilarity ensued.
- In 2004-2005, I learned how to spin fire.
- I’ve never lost a game of Whack-a-Mole at Great America.
- Lisa and I and a host of friends built a teardrop trailer this year from scratch. We were pleased with the results.
- I howled with laughter when I read Lamb, by Christopher Moore. The people in my row on the airplane on which I was traveling at the time looked at me, askance.
And for Jake McKee, who tagged me next:
- Hamachi Kama Shioyaki. Yum.
- I was whitewater rafting in Costa Rica and came across a trail of leafcutter ants in the rainforest. The line of ants went out of sight down the trail and into the forest. I learned that putting a thin line of Carmex across their path messes up their whole pheromone thing, big time. They dam up, not unlike a blocked stream, unsure of where to go, until one of their scouts finds a way around the scent-dam and rediscovers their original pheromone path.
- I think El Vez is a genius. Ditto Richard Cheese. And Martin Denny.
- Once in a club in Helsinki, I was told in broken English that I dance “just like Jamiroquai.” I’m still unsure if it was a compliment or not.
- I have fed the tarpon at Robbie’s. The tarpon were large. They frightened me. I had a Rumrunner at the Tiki Bar. I felt better.
Tag! You are it!